Most of us tend to overeat sometimes which not only looks gluttonous to the people looking at us but also leads to several other diseases in the long run. Eating disorder is not just a state where the body needs more food but it is more like a mental force prompting to consume more even though one is stuffed till throat.
The right time is needed to be set up and a signal needs to be passed to the person who is eating voraciously. And this can only be done by the person himself who is suffering from wrong eating habits. Usually the other person trying to stop faces failure as where and how to add a stopper to the eating session can only be decided by the eater himself.
Overeating is more like a mental situation. Often when we are stressed and don’t feel like doing anything tend to dive through different eateries. Having an excessive sweet tooth is yet another eating disorder where the person fails to control on himself if sweet is on the table.
The following are few ways which will control you to handle overeating problems or at least will help to a long extent.
- Eat Slowly: Fast eating of food will make you believe as if you haven’t taken enough. The human body is designed in such a manner that the brain sends signal to the body whenever a meal is finished. A particular food when consumed hastily doesn’t let you become full early and thereby making you crave for more food.
Make sure to consume an entire meal in 12-15 minutes on an average. In such a way, you can make sure that food is chewed properly. Proper grinding of food also lets it to get ingested properly in the stomach.
- Stay Away from Fabricated Food: It is just another term of junk and fast food. Fast foods are yummy and we tend to consume it more in amount even when we are not hungry. Therefore it is always recommended to toss out these foods from the regular diet.
Other foods such as candies, soda, chips and fried foods if avoided will also give you better results. It can be said to curb these foods for the rest of the lives, but consuming in little amounts is required.
- Create your own stopper: If you know that you have a bad habit of overeating, then you can decide your own stopper. You can make an intelligent strategy to hold your food intake capability. A stopper can be of any type. You can just walk away from the dining table after you have finished your plate. Consuming a sip of hot drink or brushing of teeth right after the meal is finished are ultimate stoppers. Decide your own stopper and go ahead to reduce overeating.
- Stop Starving Yourself: Knowing that there are several disadvantages of overeating, you cannot just decide to starve yourself. Starving or dieting beyond the maximum level will ultimate you starve for the food. When you are starving, the brain gives signals for hunger to the stomach, and as an outcome of which you tend to eat more than the usual.
Sometimes people who want to cut down calories go on starving themselves for long hours in the day. This habit can be painful in the long run.
- Do not skip breakfast: Often it is noticed that people who skip the first meal of the day, which is breakfast are less energetic throughout the day. Breakfast is the power meal and its gives energy to the body. If this is skipped then you tend to eat more in the rest of the day, which will not result into any benefit.
- Drink plenty of water: Drinking loads of water in the day will reduce the amount of food you can intake. And combat overeating. As a result overeating will be reduced to a large extent. On the other hand, water will also influence on your metabolism and blood flow in the body.
The above mentioned ways if applied in the regular food habits will help you largely to cut down portions of the meal and help you to enjoy a balanced diet.