Aloe Vera is a small but beneficial plant. This plant grows 60-100 cm tall but its health benefit’s list is much taller. Aloe Vera is a green succulent plant whose stems are very short. Researchers have found that Aloe Vera is much beneficial for many medicine industries. It is supposed to be originated somewhere in Africa. However, it is consumed worldwide more as a medicinal plant.
Aloe Vera was first used therapeutically around 5000 years ago. Man is using Aloe Vera juice and gel for various purposes since then. It contains more than 200 active components like vitamins, amino acids, minerals, polysaccharide, fatty acid and enzymes in right proportion. Hence, Aloe Vera is used for curing many problems.
The leaves of Aloe Vera contain 99% water which helps the main plant in less rainfall areas. Aloe Vera is used for various purposes starting from treatment to skin care requirements. This is all because Aloe Vera is a very beneficial plant. Some of the benefits of Aloe Vera are:
- Aloe Vera is considered best for Skin Care needs: Aloe Vera is much popular in cosmetic industry. Its components are found beneficial for human’s skin. It not only softens and smoothen the skin but also helps in reducing the bad effects of various skin problems. Aloe Vera is advised to apply on skin having burns, psoriasis, insect bite and abrasions. It also helps in curing itching problems. Aloe Vera is useful in improving the supply of oxygen to skin cells and strengthening skin tissues.
- Aloe Vera is power bank of Vitamins & Minerals: Researchers have found that Aloe Vera is rich in many minerals and vitamins. This list includes Vitamin A, C, E, B1, B2, B3, B6 and more. It is one of those fewer plants which contain components like Vitamin B12. The minerals list includes Manganese, Copper, Potassium, Iron, Sodium, Selenium, Chromium, Zinc, Magnesium and Calcium.
- Aloe Vera contains Fatty Acids & Amino Acids: Aloe Vera contains around 18 to 20 amino acids. Out of these 8 are considered to be essential for human body. Aloe Vera also contains fatty acids, which helps in fighting with various allergies and indigestion problems.
- Aloe Vera acts as an Adaptogen: Aloe Vera is a popular adaptogen which improves your ability to adapt the changes occurring outside. It also helps to increase the resistance power to fight with illness. Adaptogen helps in coping with physical stress, emotional stress and environmental stress.
- Aloe Vera strengthens Digestive system: Aloe Vera balances your digestive system by reducing unnecessary bacteria from your body. Aloe Vera is advised to people suffering from problems like constipation and diarrhoea.
- Aloe Vera strengthens Immunity system: Aloe Vera juice is found to be helpful in strengthening your body’s immunity system. Aloe Vera contains anti-oxidants which help in preventing many diseases. It also reduces the bad effect of bacteria attack on human body.
There are many more benefits of Aloe Vera. However, one should avoid consuming Aloe Vera during pregnancy or menstruation period.