The cure for every life threatening disease like cancer does not lie in the medical science only. Half the battle is won in the mind the rest can be combated the natural way.
Health is wealth and must be not just preserved but also be pampered and well taken care of. Despite this well known fact, sometimes life threatening diseases take over our bodies and tend to leave us at the mercy of medicines. Seldom do we realize that the cure of every disease does not lie in taking the right medicine only. The secret of good health and cure of diseases also comes from lifestyle, eating habits and something as simple as, good food.
India as we all know is the land of spices and Indian food is not only rich in taste but also has immense nutritional value. Research has shown that Indian food can help curtail the growth of malignant cells in the body and cure a number of ailments. While spicy food can cause havoc in our stomach but if taken in right quantities their medicinal effect can cure hazardous diseases like cancer.
Enlisted below are some spices that help in combating life threatening diseases like Cancer.
- Cinnamon: Besides being a natural preservative, Cinnamon is rich in iron and calcium. It helps in reducing the growth of tumor. Tea with a dash of cinnamon in it or milk flavored with cinnamon is enough to help patients fight the disease.
- Saffron: Touted as one of the most expensive and luxurious spice prepared from numerous flower stigmas. The benefits of this spice are little known to people. Popularly known as the yellow spice, saffron has a proven track record of combating liver cancer. Research has shown that saffron has chemo preventive properties and curtails the growth of cancer cells in the body.
- Turmeric: This is a must in every Indian household. Seldom will you find any dish without the brightness of turmeric. We all have grown old listening about the curative properties of Turmeric. Yellow tinged milk when we got hurt is something every mother has given to her child at some point in life to cure a wound. Little do we know that the good effects of turmeric more than this. Its polyphenol curcumin has had medicinal effects on slowing down the growth of breast cancer, prostate cancer, pancreatic cancer and leukemia.
- Cumin: We all know cumin be a good for digestion. Little do we know that its antioxidant properties help in curbing the growth of cancer cells that cause prostate cancer. Seasoning of cumin in our daily food is enough to help the body absorb the benefits of cumin.
- Oregano: There is good news for all cancer patients who love Italian food. Oregano- an intrinsic spice in Italian food has microbial components which restrict the growth of malignant cells.
- Fennel: Yet another spice that helps prevents the growth of cancer in the body. A lesser known spice can be consumed in a rich tomato fennel soup. It too has antioxidant properties that help in curbing the proliferation of cancer cells in the body
- Clove: A familiar name to the Indian palate and known for its pungent taste and smell. Its medical properties have shown results while helping cancer patients fight it out for their lives.
- Basil: A common spice in south East Asian cuisine is full of medicinal benefits. Loaded with antioxidants, antibacterial and anti viral properties, it has helped a number of cancer patients curb the growth of the disease in the body.
Cancer is a life endangering disease and is largely related to growth of malignant cells in the body. We also know that if diagnosed at the right time, it can be cured. However there are multiple ways of curing it. One is through medicines but natural remedies too have their own curative powers. So a combination of both could be a solution a lot of patients are looking for.
To sum it up, Mother Nature has enough remedies that can help us cure any physical ailment. While science has its benefits to offer, there are remedies that are rooted deep in nature and the concept of natural therapy should not be lost in oblivion.