Diabetes is a common problem among people these days. The number of diabetic patients in world is increasing day by day. There are many factors responsible for increasing sugar level in your blood. Diabetes is a state in which your body doesn’t produce enough insulin. For its treatment, you either have to take medicines or insulin injections.
Diabetes can affect a person of any age. Even a newly born baby can have diabetes. Some people think that having lots of sugar or sweets is the only factor of having diabetes. But this is not so. Stressful and tensed lifestyle is also responsible for giving you diabetic problems. You can even get it from your parents through genes.
Nobody wants to have medicines or insulin dialysis in worse condition. We are suggesting you few home remedies to treat diabetes. However, you should visit your doctor regularly and follow his suggestions for treating diabetes.
Home Remedies to treat Diabetes are:
- Avoid Sugar contained food items: The first and basic precaution is to avoid those food items which contain sugar in high concentration. Having medicine pills or insulin dialysis and lots of sugar together will not do anything.
- Drink lots of Water: It is advisable to consume plenty of water if you are suffering from diabetes.
- Work out regularly: Take out time for exercising regularly. Physical activities like exercise and yoga help a lot in controlling diabetes.
- Lose your weight: Having extra weight can be an alarm for danger. Try to lose your weight for minimising the risk of increase of sugar level in your blood.
- Have Green Tea:Consuming green tea in the morning is beneficial in lowering the blood sugar level in your body.
- Substitute Honey in place of Sugar: Use honey instead of sugar in your drinks. Lemon juice with honey is found to be beneficial for diabetic patients, when consumed empty stomach.
- Consume fruits which lower blood sugar level: Consume those fruits regularly which have capabilities to lower your blood sugar level. Gooseberry and Aloe Vera juice can cut down your blood sugar level very efficiently. Guava without its skin is rich in Vitamin C, which is beneficial in lowering your blood sugar level. Jambul fruit is also good for diabetic patients. The powder formed by drying its seeds consumed with water is effective in controlling diabetes.
- Consume Methi Seeds empty stomach: Keep methi seeds soaked in water for overnight. Consume them in the morning empty stomach.
- Have Bitter Bourd: May be you don’t like to have bitter vegetable in your meal. But they are much better than medicines and insulin dialysis. Bitter Bourd (karela) is found to be a healthy diet for a person having diabetes. If you don’t like to have them in your meal, make fried chips or other snacks of them.
- Avoid Alcohol: It is advisable to stop consuming alcohol if you are suffering from diabetes. Consuming alcohol empty stomach is strictly not advisable for diabetic patients.