In today’s article, we’ll take a look at how one of the popular online marketing services GetResponse (Best Email Marketing Services) works.
For all the regulars, it is perceived as an email marketing service, but the world has changed it and it has become an internet marketing platform. So this or just another enticement, we’ll figure it out now.
The most shocking fact to me about GetResponse is that it was founded in 1998.
The second, no less interesting fact, is that the company is international and has over 350,000 clients worldwide.
And we can use a fully version, technical support among 21 countries / languages of the world. Home page looks like this:
For quick bunnies. Getresponse offers a 30-day free trial, during which you can try almost all the functionality. Therefore, if you can’t wait, here’s a link for you -> Free Trial
Despite the fact that historically GetResponse was a service for email marketing (and still many believe so), its capabilities have gone far beyond the traditional mailing list.
Today the functionality includes as many as 7 growth zones for your business.
If you are new to internet marketing, then most likely one functionality is enough for you, but if you are experienced, then you urgently need to read about each of them.
Function 1. Email marketing
I’m not surprised that over all these years of the platform’s existence, a huge number of letter templates have appeared for different purposes and industries.
It is also possible to use an HTML editor to upload your emails, or you can create your own template from scratch.
If you are constantly making a new design, then it is better to take ready-made options and adapt for yourself.
The existing contact database, for example, from another analog service, which turned out to be “not very”, can be copied to the import window.
Or download from files in various formats, for example, CSV, XLS, Google docs and contacts, Magento and others.
But be prepared that you will have to confirm the purity of receiving this database, since the getresponse service very closely monitors spammers.
An important function is the preview of the newsletter on the screens of computers, mobile devices and in mail services.
Thus, you will check if all elements are displayed correctly. I can’t say that this is a unique functionality, but the fact that every service should have it now is for sure.
But one of the competitive advantages of the service is the “perfect timing” function, which increases the number of email openings up to 20% and clicks up to 23%.
GetResponse analytically predicts the “best delivery time” for each subscriber.
Namely, the time interval when the subscriber most often opens letters and clicks, according to the history of his previous actions. This is getresponse’s automation.
Function 2. A / B testing
For those who like to screw up the conversion, the service offers A / B testing of letters.
This is when you run on the base two, either practically identical (the difference is in 1-2 elements), or a completely different letter, and see which of them showed the greatest efficiency in order to move in the same direction in the future.
From the found functionality in a / b testing, you can change the subject, the “from” field, the message text, the time and day of delivery.
When launching, you need to specify the % of emails to be tested, determine the time and the main criterion for testing.
We periodically test different headers, as we often sag on opening, we don’t touch other points, but they may be useful to you.
Feature 3. Landing Pages
Another feature in GetResponse is an all-in-one solution, but not unique, in addition to the newsletter, is a nice bonus at an attractive price.
Thanks to a simple block builder and a large selection of ready-made responsive templates, the user can create a landing page on his own, without having to contact a layout designer.
The templates are divided into 10 different categories, and there is a filter for the newest, most popular or conversion pages.
The user has a large selection of free photos and the ability to insert additional elements. For example: video, payment buttons and social networks, various forms of collecting contacts, and others.
Pages integrate with the most popular platforms such as Facebook, Google Analytics or Google Adwords.
The landing page can be published using subdomains from GetResponse or hosted on your own.
Purely my opinion that this functionality is needed for simple and one-time actions. For example, quickly create web forms for collecting email addresses.
In all other cases, it is better to pay attention to more functional landing page designers, or if the stakes are high, then order a turnkey development.
Function 4. Automation and Segmentation
GetResponse was one of the first to introduce email campaign automation that performs a variety of marketing tasks.
Such as returning customers to the site, encouraging a purchase, turning a potential customer into a real one, as well as collecting the necessary information for the sales department.
To make it easier to work with automation, the platform has 8 different templates for different marketing purposes.
The getresponse constructor itself is based on the “condition-action” logic + filters.
For those who first come across such concepts, it all seems difficult. But in reality, scripts are created using ready-made blocks of the following types:
- Conditions: For example, I bought, left in the cart, visited a page, clicked, opened, subscribed, etc. These are events that trigger certain actions.
- Actions: When a subscriber group is already defined, you should proceed to actions, for example, add or decrease the number of points, mark with a tag, move contacts from one group to another, etc.
- Filters: They are used to personalize communication and increase the accuracy of work with target groups. Examples: discounts only for the first 100 users who opened the email or gift certificates for only 500 people.
As with landing pages, I can’t call this functionality advanced, but it’s also lagging behind. Everything comes from your task.
If you are planning to create a multivariate auto funnel, where chat bots should also participate, and then most likely it will be difficult to implement it here.
Function 5. Analytics
The statistics section displays the indicators of email openings, clicks on links, as well as the geography of subscribers and much more.
Everything is almost the same as in standard and most important web analytics reports. In skillful hands with all this goodness, you can implement the following actions:
- Examine data about browsers and compare the performance of customers who use computers and mobile devices
- Compare the statistics of two campaigns and evaluate which one was more effective by analyzing open rates, clicks, and errors in email services
- Easily track the statistics of trigger mailings, identify and optimize weak points
- Set up automatic generation of reports and determine the frequency of delivery, for example, 24 hours after mailing.
You can choose the preferred form of presentation of statistical data: graphs or tables.
I mainly use charts in all services, as they convey information faster and more easily. But if you are a lover of “pain”, then tables are your option.
It cannot be said that external analytics services can be connected to GetResponse: Google Analytics, Yandex, Google Tag Manager, Facebook Pixel, and Visual Website Optimizer.
Previously, we used an internal system, but when we started using automation, we switched to Google Analytics due to a more complete picture of the world.
Feature 6. Webinars
Webinars are one of the most effective and underrated tools for attracting and warming up your target audience.
You Can Also Read: Why Affiliate Marketing is the Best Business Model for Bloggers?
Depending on the chosen tariff, webinars are available from 100 to 1000 participants. Anything over 1000 people will most likely already require a different service, since this one will be less profitable.
Creating a webinar in GetResponse is very simple, however, as on any platform: you choose a name and date, send everyone an invitation, click to start the webinar and go on the air. The show begins.
In case of sending invitations and reminders, the system provides templates.
Also, the webinar room makes it possible not only to broadcast audio and video content, but also to create polls, your own boards, display a desktop (you need to install a special program), and integrate with a YouTube channel.
Feature 7. CRM function
The platform recently announced the launch of a CRM system (now available in beta) that helps track customer interactions at different stages of the funnel.
We ourselves have not yet had time to try this functionality, but as the developer says, the CRM system provides the following features:
- Creation of your own sales funnels;
- Identification of hot leads to quickly close a deal
- Commenting on the transaction in order to always be aware of what stage you are at and what needs to be done to achieve your goals;
- Effective use of the calendar to automatically plan the way to communicate with customers;
- Using tags and points to maximize the use of your customer base.
As already mentioned, the service offers a free trial account for 30 days, so feel free to register, poke and click whatever you like, and then decide whether to pay or not.
In terms of payment, the platform has four tariff plans :
- Email from 15 $ / month with a base of 1,000 subscribers
- Plus from $ 49 / month with a base of 5,000 subscribers
- Professional from $ 99 / month with a base of 10,000 subscribers
- Max is calculated individually for those who need a corporate solution and special conditions
Naturally, for those who pay everything at once, the cost goes down. For example, if you purchase an annual subscription for the first three plans, you will receive a 30% discount, and if you purchase for 2 years – 40%.
Also, for non-profit organizations, GetResponse provides a 50% discount indefinitely (if you have such an organization, go here -> )
But it’s too early for you to think about it. First you need to try the service in general and understand whether it suits you or not.
A discount. For you loved ones, we asked GetResponse for a 50% discount for the first 2 months. To get it, just follow the link-> https://bit.ly/2XFCg We and, without closing the window, register in the system.
PROS AND CONS Of The Service
Since this review is not paid, but is formed purely on our opinion, we have the right to honestly indicate the pros and cons. Without wasting time and unnecessary descriptions, read and decide whether this is your service or not.
• Simple and easy to use interface
• Free 30-day trial period
• Triggered mailings and marketing automation
• Additional tools within one platform, such as webinars or CRM
• An additional number of other features, such as landing pages, analytics, stock images
• Easy import of the database from various sources
• Free video tutorials on Youtube channel and GetResponse Academy’s own course “Email Marketing for Beginners”
• A good solution for those whose clients are located in different time zones and even in different countries of the world
• Free 30-day trial period
• A wide range of tariffs and a flexible system of discounts
• At the moment, the SMS mailing function is under development
• Rather strict policy regarding spam mailings and unconfirmed address databases
• The platform does not currently support the full set of emoji characters in the subject line
• Technical support available only on weekdays and hours, as opposed to international (24/7)
• Lack of flexible tariff plans
• Automation is only suitable for simple to medium tasks
Briefly About The Whole Article
At the same time, it is foolish to hope that it will replace all your services, but at a minimal cost.
This service has huge functionality among its analogues. On the one hand, this is good, since everything is quite easily integrated with each other.
But when you get to the level of “god in marketing”, you will definitely have to hire a programmer to connect all your wishes with the system.
After all, the larger the service, the less flexible it is. But again, most likely, the basic functionality will be enough for you now and you will not reach the end of the API this year. And there you see, the situation will change.